Monday, March 14, 2011

...Searching for Truth...

This is God's message, the God who made earth, made it livable and lasting, known everywhere as God: "Call to me and I will answer you. I'll tell you marvelous and wondrous things that you could never figure out on your own." ~Jeremiah 33:2-3 (The Message)



In this daily reading, Rebecca talks about growing up going to church and basically believing what her parent's did because that's what she knew. She says that one day she realized she needed to understand and accept the beliefs for herself. She wanted answers to her questions. She decided to learn more about apologetics (the defense of the authenticity of God's truths & the claims of Christ), so she could defend her faith. I recently learned (before reading this book) what apologetics was/is. I had never head the word before, and when I did, it sounded almost like apologizing for following Christ. Why would I want to apologize for something like that?! I was led to a link by a Facebook friend that had A LOT of titles for further reading when it comes to apologetics and I look forward to learning how to defend my faith! I wanted answers to MY questions!



Even in the Bible, Jesus' twelve apostles had questions for Him and about Him. After Jesus rose from the grave, Thomas said, "Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe it" A week later he saw Jesus and said, " My Lord and my God!" When we come to God with our questions and He proves Himself to us in a myriad of ways, this is the most appropriate response--to follow His leading and lordship in our lives (page 51).

Question: In your search for truth, are there certain things you believe about Christ that you have blindly accepted?(pg 51). I know I have! I have realized recently that I need to dig deeper into God's Word and find the answers myself. I need to learn more about apologetics and do some readings so I can defend my faith to others and help answer their questions about Christ too!

Go to http://www.alwaysbeready.com/ if you are interested in apologetics and defending your faith! Thanks Leah Biek for sharing this site with me!






No comments:

Post a Comment